Monday, March 17, 2014

Simplylife Yoga Mural

I was given a chance to draw a mural for a yoga center. It was a new challenge for me as this is my first time to draw something not only on a wall but also huge!
To tell you the truth, YES, I'm nervous, I'm scared, I'm not sure can I do it...

Everything wasn't going so well at first. I couldn't predict how much paint I need to use, so that I need to get back to the art shop again and again...
And it even took me so many hours to mix the colour that I wanted.




But as time goes by, everything just fall into place. And I started to enjoying it.
As this is a yoga center, I was asked to paint a tree to symbolise the Tree Pose. The Tree Pose is actually one of the basic pose in yoga and the main attention is about balancing which is why there are day and night in the mural.

day 1

day 2

day 3

day 4

day 5

day 6
Finally I finished it in a week time... I'm glad that I did it :)




Drawing mural isn't a simple task, it required patient and of course physical strength. But if you are truly enjoying it, I'm sure you can overbear it.

And, the little mushroom girl who always live in my heart. Thanks for giving me strength whenever I feel lost and wanted to give up.


Thanks for the opportunity given, it was a great experience.
Simplylife Yoga isn't just a yoga centre, it is also a workshop for your mind and soul. They provide all sorts of worksop and of course, yoga class.
You may visit their FB page here




No comments:

Post a Comment